My Music My Art

Monday, December 5, 2016

Delta Ventilation Fan 70F by breez



My Review of Delta Ventilation Fan 70F by breez.

I needed a ventilation fan for my art studio to clear out some of the non toxic odors caused by non toxic paints. I stopped in at my local Menards to see what they had available. There were only two that were just fans; others had lights and heaters which I did not need. I was familiar with Broan as I had installed hundreds of them as a kitchen and bath remodeler but not with the breez by Delta. I wanted something fairly quiet and instead of the twelve/thirteen dollar Broan which I knew was going to be loud, I decided to spend the fifty bucks for the 70F by breez since the Sones were at the lower level 2. 0. The height was also only four inches which fit into a tight space perfectly. I already had an electric whip which I had used for a track light and disconnected it because of the heat output of the lamps. It didn’t take me long to mount the unit, connect the power and run the vent to an existing unused outlet and then test it. Well it ran and it seemed to be okay but since the ceiling was still open, I couldn’t hear whether it was noisy or not until I closed it up. In the past you could never tell exactly how loud fans are until they are set and closed up where ever they may be installed.

I closed up the ceiling and turned on the fan. I expected to hear a little normal hum but I did not expect a high whining sound coming from the motor. As time went on, it got louder along with the hum. It was driving me nuts. My first thought was to check the output outside to see if the damper was working. It was. There was plenty of air coming out. I took the ceiling apart to inspect the ducting and to make sure that the unit was mounted securely. Everything checked out and was as it was supposed to be. My only conclusion was that the fan is a piece of crap just like most of Delta products I’ve used in the past. I’m taking it back to Menards and getting me a Broan from elsewhere. Broan has a 70cfm fan comparable to this one for a few more bucks. At least I know what I’m getting.

No comments :