My Music My Art

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Plaid Patricia Nimocks Sealer

Durable, clear coating that seals prints, also for use over paint, lacquer, and varnish. Use as a sealer on bisque and stain-finished ceramics. Preserve maps, documents, prints, etc. This clear, waterproof sealer produces a non-yellowing finish. May be used as a pastel fixative or over antiquing glazes and stains. An ideal quick finish for wood, glass, metal, cast resin or plaster. Available in gloss or matte finish. Comes in 6 or 12-ounce aerosols spray.





I tried this on my paintings. It has a very strong and lingering odor so use it outdoors. I use it outside or in my garage with the door open and a painters' respirator. It is extremely flammable and toxic but seems to have a better odor than most sealers I've used.  A second coat can be applied in 5-10 minutes. The can does not say non-yellowing however  that's what is said in the description of the item on Plaid's website. https://plaidonline.com/products/plaid-patricia-nimocks-clear-acrylic-sealer-glo

My can says Matte. To me matte means no sheen or gloss but after sealing a couple of paintings there seems to have a semi-gloss look to them I did not wait several hours to see if the gloss goes away. I will see tomorrow. No it did not! But the odor had dissipated down to a level where I was able to take my paintings back indoors. I'll just deal with the sheen for now.

Just like other acrylic sealers, it brings out the colors and clarity of the paint in my art. We all know that most paints darken as they dry so it's a good idea to seal your paintings for a fresh brighter look.

If you don't care whether the finished product comes out matte or glossy then I would say go for it, it's a good product that goes on easily.


No comments :