My Music My Art

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Ace, Hinged Knee Brace

Ace, Hinged Knee Brace


I’ve been suffering from arthritis and often times my right knee ends up getting the blunt of it and becomes very painful to walk and could last for weeks. This brace is intended for knee injuries, but I thought that I would try it anyway hoping it would help. The brace is much bulkier than it looks like on the box. It’s made from Butyl neoprene, nylon, polyester, polypropylene and Eva foam. It can be used on either leg. It was easy enough but a little time consuming putting it on. It has several hook and loop straps along with Velcro.

There are very rigid edges which were digging into my leg. The Velcro was also doing the same thing making the brace uncomfortable to wear. The box says nothing about needing some sort of a knee sleeve to go under for protection. I picked up one from a sporting goods store and put it under the brace, no more pinching the skin. I wore it for two days comfortably, even to bed and removed it after the pain had disappeared. I don’t know whether the metal hinges make any difference on the brace or if it’s just hype. I would surmise that their hingeless brace would work just as well. Make sure that you get some sort of a sleeve to go under to protect your skin from the edges and Velcro otherwise you will be in more discomfort. Yes, it’s another product made in China.

I give this **** (4 stars) out of 5 because I had to go out and buy a sleeve for it before I could wear it.

No comments :