My Music My Art

Saturday, August 26, 2017

ASUS Laptop X Series X550ZE-WBFX

                ASUS Laptop X Series X550ZE-WBFX AMD FX-Series FX-7500
(2.10 GHz) 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD AMD Radeon R5 M230 15.6" Windows 10 Home
 64-Bit

ASUS Laptop X Series X550ZE-WBFX

The lap top looks very sleek, attractive and the speed on the Asus is okay and works well for what I need the lap top for. It also has plenty of memory all around. Overall, though, I am somewhat disappointed. I should have remembered the saying “you get what you pay for” but unfortunately I was on a budget. 

The lap top comes with the bare minimum software and at first start up you have a choice of installing some useless trial applications along with a lite version of anti-virus software. Not knowing that most of them were useless trial apps to me and what actually came with the lap top, I installed a few. It was like malware with constant nag windows to buy. The Asus online storage is okay but don’t need it. It too has constant nag windows to upgrade. I uninstalled everything but the Windows program, Office and a free PDF file reader which I had installed at my first startup which I like.  I installed my own anti-virus which I’ve used for decades.

The batteries are sub standard and although it shows that they are good for 3hrs, I only get about an hour of use out of them. They will not charge to 100% , only to 99%. After about 5 minutes of use the available power has dropped down to 65%. I had the laptop fully charged, after plugging it in and powering it up, I noticed that the batteries were in the process of being charged. I had lost approximately 20% of battery power as it sat sat unplugged and power turned off. I never had that situation with my other laptop.

The key pad works well but the mouse pad is garbage and doesn’t work well unless I’m a bit rough with it. I’m just going to have to get myself a mouse. The DVD/R is cheap but for now it works.

Windows 10 is a little getting used to especially when upgrading from Windows Xp. I hate the menu setup along with their browser. Maybe I'm used to xp or just getting old and like things a bit easier to navigate through but dislike Windows 10. Others say they like it.

Had I known that this lap top was not what I expected, I would have purchased one much better than this after several more months of saving up for one.

I give this ASUS Laptop X Series X550ZE-WBFX only ** (2 stars) because of good speed and memory.

No comments :