My Music My Art

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Canon MG3022

Canon MG3022 wireless printer

I purchased the printer only because I needed a printer right away and was on a budget. I had just purchased a new lap top and had to print some stuff and get it in the mail ASAP. I knew that you get what you pay for and here it really is the case.

My printer is black and ivory a lot bigger than my previous Canon iP 90 which crapped out on me 2 years ago. This one is not portable and needs wi-fi to work. It could be wired but it doesn’t come with a printer cable. Any printer cable will do and I happen to have a couple lying around so that won’t be an issue should I want to use it elsewhere.

The set up for the wi-fi can drive you crazy if you don’t watch their video for every step on YouTube. Most of the time, even if you do what they show you, won’t work. If you use the installation disk that came in the box for the software and drivers, chances are your computer will freeze up like mine did. I ended up downloading the latest install file from their website. If using the disk happens to work for you, you will still need to download the updates so you’re just better off downloading the new install file. All in all I spent 3 hours setting this printer up.

The ink that comes with the printer will not last very long. I printed an alignment and a trial print and used up half of my ink on just 2 sheets. Expect to purchase Pixma 245 xl black and 246 xl color ink immediately. Don’t even bother getting the standard capacity 245 and 246, it’s a waste of money and you will end up buying new ink cartridges very quickly. They are not cheap!

You will need a better software for printing should you want to do anything beyond basics. Their software won’t have it. I couldn’t even print a 2”x2” photo for a passport using their software. The size wasn’t included nor could I add it in. I had to use trial software that came with my new computer to print anything beyond the basic.

The printer has a scanner which is controlled through the software installed on the computer.

I give this printer Canon MG3022 only * (1 star) for price which is under $45 in store and under $40 on the internet. I would not recommend anyone buying this one unless you are a glutton for punishment.


No comments :