My Music My Art

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Canson® XL® Oil & Acrylic paper review

Canson® XL® Acrylic features a bleed proof, canvas like textured paper that is ready to use with oil or acrylic without the need of priming or preparation and it's my favorite paper to use. There is only a minimum of curling on the edges and is easily straightened out The weight is 136Lbs for both the 9x12" and the 11x14". One side has more texture than the other. Either side can be painted on. There are 24 sheets in both pads. I paid just under $10 for 9x12" and $12 for the 11x14" at my local Walmart.

I can easily recommend either sizes of this paper as there is no prep involved and I can use either oil or acrylic paints or both as in wet on wet technique. The paper will stay sturdy throughout my painting and don't have to worry about warping

Here are some paintings I did on the Canson XL Oil & Acrylic paper. They are all painted with Apple Barrel acrylic paints by Plaid.

male and female cardinals

male cardinal

chipmunk

squirrel looking out of a hole in a wall

my backyard squirrel sitting on a fence

sunlight between rocks

tall ship inundated by a huge wave

tall ship getting hit by a huge wave


No comments :